Monday, February 18, 2008

For the record... did i mention SRC rox?

Date :17th February 2008
Time :10.00pm to 10.45pm
Weather : Windy, cool
Audrey and i

When the athletes go home, the frogs come out to play. Thats exactly true for the Sports and Recreation Centre (SRC ) field in sChOOL. As planned, i went to SRC at about 10pm. I was so happy when i saw the lights off. I went towards the staircase and just randomly shone my torch on the grassy area. I was not expecting much, so i was just doing it out of routine.

Somewhere halfway through the stairs, i saw a stoner toad. An Asian toad [Bufo melanostictus]. It was of regular size. I took out my camera and took a picture, erm, maybe quite a few pictures of it. Then, i continued walking on the grassy patch parallel to the stairway. I saw another Asian toad (stoner) [Bufo melanostictus]. It didnt even looked like it cared i was staring at it. I should have drooled, to scare it. I took a picture of it and left it by its own.

I went towards the drain, at the end of the staircase. There, i spotted this tiny Asian toad [Bufo melanostictus]. It was soft and obliging. I brought it to the grasland and took a photograph of it. Released the XS fellow and proceeded to look for its kins. Then, almost directly below the staircase, inside the drain, which was filled about 1 to 2 cm high, was this slighly darker Asian toad. It was either wearing a dark brown coat or it was going tanning too much. And somewhere around there, i found another kiddo Asian toad [Bufo melanostictus].

Then, Audrey popped out of no where. And so did this beloved brownish sticky frog. It was a Banded bullfrog [Kaloula pulchra]. I was so happy i almost kissed it. No, i did not because i grew up reading fairy tales. Ok, same procedure, since my camera pro friend came. She was chasing the frog at a moderate distance to get a good shot of that frog.

Audrey and i then continued by walking the path towards the bus stand. Then, near the goal post, we saw a Asian toad-goalie [Bufo melanostictus].It was rather big and it had its fair share of Audrey's scream. We got a few shots on the camera of this goalie wannabe.

After that, we followed the path towards MPSH. There was thick grass on the right and a wonderful (dry) drain on the left. I must say the drain should be the talk of the day. Found another XS Asian toad[Bufo melanostictus] in the midst of the grass. In that (in my opinion) normal looking drain, i found a frog and 3 toads. In total, i found 2 different species in that drain. It was really a great feeling. Finding so many frogs/toads tonight. Coolest frogging session ever. (will publish the pics once i upload them)

Terima kasih Audrey =)

2 words = FROG FEAST
.alicia.

No comments: