Thursday, February 21, 2008

Ask for More

Date : 21st February 2008
Part 1 (1.30pm to 2.30pm)
Was practically walking around school for the whole day. I tried to spot potential areas, with good drainage system and waterlogging condition of the areas. Suddenly the whole uni looked so green to me. I realised, every step you take, there is a possibility. So, i have decided to take more walks around school in times to come. Went around Arts and YIH, to have a better look at the area i surveyed last night. To get a day view.
Plus, i am looking for the raindrops. Havnet seen them around lately. It hasnt been raining for quite sometime already.

Part 2 (9.10pm to 9.40pm)
I missed the bus from Science back to PGP at around 9.10pm. So, i decided to walk. I walked along the NUH side of the road. It was quite well vegetated, with lotsa carpet grass, well-tended ornamental plants and few pretty good areas. In addition, there is a drain which is quite okay. The water flow is moderate and is possible for tadpoles/spawn to survive. But going towards Buona Vista Road junction, the flow got faster and there was even a opening where domestic(hospital) waste was flowned into the drain. It was grossy effecting the drain. However, the area was very well lighted. The lamp-posts plus the zooming of the vehicles along that road.I have yet to check out the opposite side of the road. The area looked like it was good. With shady trees and is a piece of grassy land. Will check it out soon.

Part 3 (10.50pm to 11.20pm)
I went to the spot where i spotted the Polypedates leucomystax @ 4-lined common tree frog yesterday. I saw them fogging at Kent Ridge Hall at around 2.40pm. I was so worried this would effect the frogs there. And i was once again overjoyed when i spotted 2 more Polypedates leucomystax @ 4-lined common tree frog in the same drain. This time, i brought Audrey along, to help me snap some good shots as well as to accompany me, while talking some sense into me along the way. Had a brisk walk, and missed a million buses. Indeed a very frogful night. Thanks, Audrey for sharing my t/joy.


Polypedates leucomystax

alicia '_'

No comments: