Thursday, January 31, 2008

Double sigh,,

Yesterday, on my way down from my unit, i saw this PGP guy cleaning the drains. I approached him. Cos i felt he is the correct person to enquire about the frog health in the PGP area. This was roughly how our conversation went.

me: Hi, Good morning
him: yeah, Hi (while turning off his high pressure hose)
me: Have you seen any frogs/ toads around PGP?
him : Frogs?
me : Erm, yeah. I am doing this project on frogs/toads around NUS.
him: Oh, frogs? No, i have never seen them here
me : What about calls?
him: Calls. Yes, sometimes. Behind the PGP back gate area.
me: Oh, okay. Thanks.Thanks.
him: I will tell u if i hear or see any.Yeah, u're welcome
me : Thanks again and have a nice day =)
him: *Smiles (gets back to work)

And another sad piece of news to share, went to check out that area which had the foamy gooey stuff. It was so, (triple sigh) i felt like fainting. Haha. That area was all dried up. End of story. (some stories are just more boring than others).
Maybe that may be causing the decline in frogs/toad population?
Anyway, there were only a few possible endings to that story,
version 1- the gooey stuff became tadpoles. Wah very happy
version 2-the gooey stuff were not frogspawn, it was a false alarm
version 3-the area dried up
*maybe there is a story to tell from this, hopefully=)

remains optimistic about the Anurans,
aliciatan

No comments: