Friday, January 25, 2008

The Day I Caught A Banded Bullfrog

23rd January 2008
Time : 7ish to 9ish at night
Weather : Almost super dry
Nigel, Audrey and i

Went for a short walk to Kent Ridge. Went through the route we went for Kent Ridge Walk Pracs for BioD last sem. At first the walk was pretty sad, i would put it. We saw almost everything (spiders, lizards, joggers,..) but found a grand total of 0 frogs/toads. We didnt even hear them. Then, just as we decided to head back, we heard a call. Wow..imagine the joy in my heart. (seriously).

To cut the story short, i caught my first Kaloula pulchra (Banded bullfrog), with the help of Nigel-The-Frog-Pro and Audrey-The-Camera-person.


Later that night, i went back to PGP, and found more Asian toads. In total, i have found 5 Bufo melanostictus (Asian toads) from the PGP vicinity. Only Asian toads.

One of the many froggings ahead.

=)

Ps: I need volunteers to help me out during my frogging sessions. It will be better if you are Batrachophobia (phobia of Amphibians) because treatment will be provided. Kidding. I just need people to tag along during these sessions. It will be around 7.30ish to about 9/10 at night. It will be done in NUS Kent Ridge Campus. Thanks =)

AliciaTan

No comments: