Friday, March 7, 2008

Closing ceremony for(4) frogs

Date :7th March 2008
Time : 9ish to 10ish pm
Weather : cool and windy

After my meeting at < SPACE >, i headed down to the field for my last frogging session. I might wanna do a few more (for leisure) if time permits. I will surely miss the frogs/toads i missed. The weather was cool and nice. Along the way, i looked at the many drains at Science. Many of them were dry. And there was no signs of frogs/toads to be sighted. Sad case.

The first Anuran of the night was a tiny Kaloula pulchra. It was near a dry drain, the drain running along the non-AYE side of the field. Along Lower Kent Ridge Road. The drain was dry and had unswept leaf litters inside it. There, i spotted 3 other Asian toads, Bufo melanostictus. The first toad was a shy brownish one which was rather flat. The second one was this agile one which made this chirp like sound when i caught it. It has strong hind limbs and i watched it for quite awhile. Mostly due to curiosity, partly due to my solo boredom. It has this consistent leap which was 7 leaps max per move. It was hopping all around the field with a Homo sapiens chasing herself silly after it. I am sure we both had fun. And i found it rather special, looking bananaish(yellowish) with fancy legs (who knows it could have been wearing pineapple stockings), which looked as if its limbs and body was of a different individual.

As for my last catch of the night, it was this extra-dark Asian toad, Bufo melanostictus . It was rather small in size and made me felt as if it was a little gloomy. So i didnt really bother it so much.

I continued by walking along School of Computing (SoC) and all the way along. Got back to PGP at around 10.45pm.


alicia-Had my frogging dose, now i need a booster.

No comments: